Joe Santiago, MD
I began this practice to provide all aspects of women’s health care in an environment that is comfortable, friendly and inviting. Whether it’s an annual exam, the joys and challenges of obstetrics or difficult gynaecologic issues we work tirelessly to seek the most proactive, non-invasive solution to our patients’ needs. We consider it a privilege to care for a woman throughout her pregnancy and delivery or any other issue she may have. My wife Melissa and I have four children: Alanna, Nick, Serena, Maresa and two dogs: Nugget and Meeko. My hobbies include playing the piano, working on cars and spending as much time as possible with my family.
- Originally from Belleville, Illinois
- Undergraduate degree from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois. MD completed 1991
- Obstetrics and Gynecology residency: St. Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri
- Active Fellow: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1999 - present
- Active Diplomate: American Board of OB-GYN November 1997
- Active Medical staff: St. Joseph Medical Center, Advocate Bromenn Medical Center
- Private practice OB-GYN: Bloomington since 1999
- Special medical interests:
- High risk pregnancy
- Menopause and perimenopausal changes and the challenges they bring.
- Heavy bleeding problems: specializing in therapeutic techniques such as in office endometrial ablation, as well as da Vinci robotic surgery.
- Infertility counseling and treatment
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis
Vicki Voegel, PA-C
I am a Physician's Assistant and have a dual degree in Biology and Psychology from the University of Illinois; I graduated in 1983. I Graduated from the PA program at Saint Louis University in 1988 and have been practicing in the women's health field since that time. I work in GYN care, Adolescent health, Infertility and IUI. I am a single mom with a delightful daughter Olivia who keeps me very busy. I also enjoy scrapbooking and watching movies.
- Originally from Mattoon-Charleston area
- Undergraduate degree in Biology and Psychology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in (1979-1983)
- Physician Assistant studies at St. Louis University (1986-1988)
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants certified since 1988
- Licensed in Illinois since 1988
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants
- Practicing in women's health since 1988
- Yearly gynecological exams
- Acute gynecological needs (infections, breast lumps, etc).
- Same day appointment availability built into the schedule.
- Disease prevention and counseling; health maintenance, birth control, STD education
- Tailored care to the individual needs of each patient
- Excellent choice for young women who are transitioning from pediatric to adult medical care.
- Enjoys providing prenatal care as part of a team, in conjunction with Dr. Santiago.
- Interested in community outreach and education
- Special medical interests: Adolescent gynecology, contraceptive and STD counseling
- Hobbies: Scrapbooking and spending time with my daughter